Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Grateful List

I tumblr that I read often [find her here: http://callieefornia.tumblr.com/ ] has begun regular postings featuring a list of things that she is grateful for. It is such a simple concept, but I like that it forces you to take stock of your life and appreciate the things we may normally take for granted. In such a fast paced world, sometimes it's more important than we realise to take a moment to reflect on where we are and what we have.

So without further ado, my grateful list 07.11.11
  • This amazing weather. Today was 32 degrees Celsius, and I wore a dress!
  • The lovely and extremely patient assistant at OPSM who help Mum & I pick out our new glasses and prescription sunglasses respectively. Also the 30% off we received. Thanks Julie!
  • Mum & Dad offering to purchase said prescription sunglasses for me as my birthday gift. At first I was apprehensive - the frames alone were over $400. However with health cover and the discount thanks to Julie, they came down to just over $150. Still pricey, I know, but thanks Mum & Dad x
  • My hair is growing! This is so exciting for me, you have no idea. From being cut in a short pixie/boy style, it is now a mid-length bob and just that little bit closer to finally skimming my shoulders. Right now it is pulled back into what I would call a pseudo ballerina bun.
  • Working for my parents. This means every Monday and Tuesday I am in the office with Mum. I'll be honest, the prospect of working with Mum in such confined quarters did not appeal to me initially, but thanks to being extremely cash strapped I accepted their job offer. Boy, am I glad I did. Spending so much time with Mum has really brought us closer. I would like to think Mum & I got along well enough before, but we were not quite as close as the stereotypical mother & daughter relationship. However our relationship has certainly been strengthened these past 5 or so months. Sure there is definitely the occasional moment when she tests my patience, but I can now honestly say that my Mum is my best friend. And for that I am extremely grateful.

1 comment: