Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

What to see these holidays. And what not to see. Ever.

Well the shopping trip I mentioned in my previous post was very successful - only five more presents to come-up with :) Hopefully I can get them done this weekend, and then all I have to do is wrap everything.

Over the past two nights I have been to the cinemas to see two very different films. One was just as good as I had hoped, the other was underwhelming.

Source

On Tuesday night I went with my Granda [Grandfather] and brother to see Immortals. Yes, it's a blood & guts film. But it's also based on greek mythology. I say 'based on' as I'm pretty sure a great deal of artistic license was employed throughout the film.

I really enjoyed this movie and the special effects are amazing. While we did not see this in 3D, I can only imagine how amazing the effect would have been to see blood platter flying towards you [I know it sounds gross, but like I said, blood & guts]. I must admit though, I am a sucker for a good sword-fight or two. Especially when the leading man looks like this:

Source

Henry Cavill is actually perfection. He is also the main [only] reason I watch The Tudors. Also he is to star as Clark Kent in the latest Superman film, which unfortunately won't be released until 2013. So far away.




Source

The second movie was New Years Eve, which I saw last night with two of my best friends. It was, as I said underwhelming. Nothing really happens. At all.

Similar to 'He's Just Not That Into You' and 'Valentine's Day', it consists of many different story lines all overlapping at some stage. However unlike HJNTIY, none of the story lines seemed to catch my attention. I wasn't becoming attached to any of the characters [For the record I totally ship Alex & Gigi in HJNTIY]

I would definitely recommend seeing Immortals as opposed to New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment