Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

This morning, after a long sleep in I thought I would test the curling ability of the new GHD hair straightener I got for Christmas. I am impressed. I was more than pleased with how the front turned out, but the back left much to be desired. Though I suspect that is more to do with my ability, than the ghd.

Behold:
A couple of hours later, with no product, my hair has dropped but is still curly/wavy

After which I finally sat down to write my new year resolutions. As a general rule, I think resolutions are bogus. Despite this I get suckered in every year and set some. Without further ado, my resolutions:

Learn to knit. I say this every year, and am yet to pick up a needle. But I really want to make a Doctor Who scarf, and inevitably yell at people when they ask if it is a Chuck Bass scarf.
Moisturise EVERY DAY. I am so not a creature of habit. With the exception of showering and brushing my teeth daily, I can't keep to any kind of pattern/regime etc. But I am determined to do this. I actually have been successful with this the past month or so though, so fingers crossed.
Buy a car. Initially I planned to save up enough to buy one outright, but I did the math and that was going to take way to long. So the new plan is to have saved enough to get a car loan that won't cripple me financially. Hopefully this will happen by June.
Travel. I'm hoping for a girls weekend to Melbourne or a trip to Perth. I've never been to Perth and for some reason it really appeals to me. Also, though it's not for this year, I'd like to go to America possibly next year or the year after depending on my finances/where my life ends up by then.
Shop more. Okay, so that is a weird resolution, but by this I mean that I would like to revamp my wardrobe. I borderline hate 80% of my wardrobe and feel daggy 90% of the time. Really need to change this.
Get a job interview. Originally this was to get a job. But the more I thought about it I realised that at the moment I have a job, it gives me enough money for the moment, so I think I can afford to be picky when it comes to accepting a job. If it's not something I think I'll truly enjoy then I don't think I'd take it. Hence the goal of getting at least to the interview stage in my job search.


There it is.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment