Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Green Jeans and ham. Something, something, I am.

Okay so that pun didn't really work. I was never really into Dr Seuss anyway. Also this post contains no ham. Promise. (Unless you count the coming photos. Then yes, yes there is ham)

I have a day off tomorrow! I know, two days after a long weekend and I'm already hanging out for a break. Also I need to get Christmas presents for some family members who have decided to drop by later this month. I was silly and forgot to buy them before Christmas. Yes, I am a terrible cousin.

Lately I've been loving coloured jeans. Particular red or a forest green shade. Despite desperately coveting a green Bardot pair, I've not let myself buy them. You see I believe in the cost per wear system. You know, how much something cost divided by how many times it gets worn. I also went through a stage in year 11 (I think the american equivalent is sophomore year) when I though surf shops like Jetty Surf and JR's were the coolest thing ever. I'd also never surfed a day in my life either. Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with me at 16-17 years.

Anyway. Point is I bought these mint-green jeans. I also have them in pale-pink (I don't even like the colour pink that much. Especially not pastel pink. Seriously, 16 year old me, what the hell?). They cost $100-ish at the time. I'd say with cost per wear we're sitting at about $50 each. Clearly investment pieces then (that was sarcasm).

Long story short, I wasn't allowed to buy the pretty green jeans because I had this, sitting in my wardrobe.

Top - Dotti; Jeans - Roxy, Watch - Ripcurl

So apparently back in 2005 skinny jeans hadn't happened yet. Turns out these jeans are actually far too long an baggy legged for my short little pins. But with a little bit of folding of the cuffs they became perfectly good 3/4 jeans. I'm thinking they are a keeper. So much so that I am considering having them tailored into skinny legs.

And yes. My brand new Christmas present watch is almost an identical colour to my 6 year old jeans. Fate? I think so.

I also think I'll get those new green jeans. It rhymes. Nobody can pass up a good rhyme.

NB: I have a crappy camera that is even older than these jeans. Hence the crappy pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment